Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital was established in 1919, the result of community efforts to establish a general acute care facility for Northwest Alabama. The facility is named in memory of Eliza, the daughter of Captain Alexander and Camilla Coffee, whose generous donation contributed toward the purchase of the first building used as ECM Hospital.
ECM has grown into the largest, most comprehensive medical facility in Northwest Alabama, South Central Tennessee and Northeast Mississippi. The 358 bed facility is the home of northwest Alabama’s only full service heart/cardiac program. Our cardiac physicians offer the latest diagnostic and medical treatments available, along with the community’s only open heart surgery suites and recovery facilities. In addition, ECM operates a complete line of women and children services, including dedicated OB/GYN and pediatric units.
ECM’s 24-hour emergency department serves as the primary referral center for major trauma cases in Northwest Alabama. In addition, we offer a complete line of medical, oncology, pulmonary, ambulatory, endoscopy, laboratory and imaging services. We have over 200 physicians on staff representing over 42 specialty areas of medicine.
As part of RegionalCare Hospital Partners, we are committed to community education and preventive medicine. We offer physician lecture series, immunization programs, community health fairs and health screenings. Our employees are involved in numerous community fund raising projects that promote health and well-being. We are leading contributors to the area United Way, American Heart and American Cancer societies and our employees are represented on more than 40 local community service boards of directors.